Monday, August 29, 2011

Appt with my GP today

I went to my GP today for an annual physical.  This was the first time I'd see him since my m/c, so I filled in him on everything.  I also mentioned that my periods are starting to get longer.  My periods are now lasting around 8-9 days where they previously lasted about 6 days on average.  Though it's very light by day 8 or 9, it's still annoying.  I had extremely heavy periods when I was a teenager, which prompted me to go on the pill when I was about 16 years old.  I was on the bill until I was about 28 years old.  Anyway, he asked if we had been trying since the m/c and I said yes.  I said I'm borderline ready to call my OB.  Since I was having a blood draw anyway, he decided to test my female hormones and thyroid too.  I have a feeling they'll come back fine, but we'll see.  Anyway, him and I both agree that my OB should be called in a few months if I don't get my BFP before then.  My plan was originally to call after this cycle if I get a BFN, but I think I'll wait an extra month.  We're going on vacation in the beginning of Oct.  I don't want any of this hanging over my head.  I just want to go and have a good time.

I'm glad that my dr took the initiative to have my female hormones tested.  He did mention that my hormones could be changing b/c of my age (almost 33), but I'm by no means all of the sudden infertile.  I'm anxious to get the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment