Saturday, January 7, 2012

Still can't believe it - BFP!

It's been a few days, but I still can't believe that I got my BFP.  I tested on Wednesday, 1/4 (12 dpo) with a Wondfo and got a very faint line. My first reaction was, "Holy crap!"  I had fully prepared myself for a BFN.  I tested again with a FRER and again a VERY faint line.  I tested with a FRER digital and got a "no."  I re-read the FRER digital instructions and it turns out I didn't hold the stick in the sample long enough, so that may have been why I got the negative.

Anyway, I told DH and he couldn't believe it either.  We decided to just have me test again the next morning and see how it went.  I tested again with a Wondfo and a FRER and still saw a second line on both of them.  I finally busted out the big guns and got...


At this point, I decided it was time to call my OB and let him know.  He wanted me to come in for bloodwork as soon as I got my BFP, so I went in on Thursday morning. 

I tested again on Friday with just a Wondfo and got an even darker line.   I didn't test this morning, but I plan on testing tomorrow (Sunday). 

I got a call from my OB's office on Friday and got my beta results.  HCG = 56, Prog = 16.7.  I don't really know if that's good or bad.  I asked if those were ok and the nurse said yes.  I go in for a repeat draw on Monday.  I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get the results.  The waiting involved with being pregnant is torture.  I remember it being bad with my DS, but it's even worse now after experiencing a loss.  I want this baby so badly.  I pray every day that this will be our sticky baby and make DS a big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment