Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1st ultrasound!

I had my first ultrasound yesterday at 6w3d.  It went really well!  I was so nervous my legs were shaking when I first sat down on the table.  I had to do a vaginal u/s since I was so early.  She found our little bean with no problem!  And while we didn't get to hear the heartbeat, we got to see it.  It was like a little white light flashing on and off.  I am measuring right on track too...which was great to hear.  I cried the second the u/s tech showed us our baby.  I couldn't help myself....i was just so happy.

After that, we met with my doctor.  He was pretty happy for us, but we all remain "cautiously optimistic."  We talked to him for about 45 min.  We discussed possible genetic testing (amnio vs CVS) and I don't think we're doing to do either.  After some discussion, it's just what works best for us.  We also talked about pregnancy basics...I needed a little refresher since it's been awhile.  :)  He finished up by checking my cervix and it was closed and looked good.

I asked about possible spotting from the u/s and from his check of my cervix and he said that I shouldn't spot, but if i do, there's no need to panic.  He said that I could of course call the office anytime i wanted to, but that any spotting didn't necessarily mean something bad.

Well, naturally, I had some spotting last night.  I mean, teeny tiny spotting.  A few little brown spots on my underwear and a teeny smidge (and I mean teeny) of red when I wiped.  Of course, I freaked out and was in a bad mood the rest of the night.  It only happened that one time last night and today has been ok.  I had one instance today where I wiped and had some brown, creamy CM.  Other than that, nothing too major, but it still makes me a little nervous.  So, I'm taking it easy today...just laying around and drinking lots of water.  Maybe I'm over-reacting, but I'm ok with that.

Soooo....take a look at our little bean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment