Monday, April 2, 2012

16 weeks Pgal...so thankful

I've been horrible about blogging lately.  It's been 5 weeks since my last post.  I'm now 16 weeks, going on 17 week pregnant.  Sometimes I still can't believe it.  I had an appt last Monday and it went really well.  I had only gained 1 lb since my last appt four weeks prior, which surprised me b/c I've been eating total crap.  They were able to find the hb right away, which was such a relief.  I was so nervous going in there that morning (like I am every time I have an appt).  The hb was 148.  Other than that, it was a quick appt.  The doc felt my uterus and it is right where it should be.  My next appt is on the 20th and will be my A/S.

I've been talking to my DS about having a little brother or sister.  He is saying "hi baby" and "bye baby" now while gently rubbing my tummy.  His little voice just makes my heart melt.  He gets pretty jealous when I hold other people's babies, but I do feel he'll be a great big brother.

For the most part, I'm enjoying and embracing this pregnancy and am very optimistic.  But there are still a handful of times that my nerves get the better of me.  We opted against the genetic testing, so I'm nervous about how the A/S will go.  Due to DS's genetic disorder, if anything looks wrong with the baby's heart, we'll go in for an echo closer to 21-22 weeks.  In order to determine if this baby has the same genetic disorder, we would've needed an amnio, which I just didn't want to do.  By watching the heart, we'll be prepared at delivery if anything needs to be done.  I'm looking forward to the A/S being done and over with.  No matter what, we'll love this baby, so I just want the anxiety that comes with waiting to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment